It is hard to believe that we are already at the end of Semester One. It is time to celebrate the achievements and progress made throughout the last two terms. You will soon be receiving your child’s end-of-semester report. This is a chance for you to talk to your child about their learning. What new things do you now know? What do you feel most proud of? What areas do you feel you need to work on more? Use the reports as a way to encourage and support your child before they begin their Semester Two learning.
Just as important as their academic achievement is their attitude and approach to learning. Are they working responsibly? Are they following classroom expectations? Are they being safe and responsible? Are they actively engaged in the lessons? Include these in your discussions as well. If they are always doing these things – praise them! Your encouragement, praise and partnership with your child’s teacher will ensure your child feels supported as they enter the second half of this year.
There are quite a few things coming up in term three. Please add these dates to your calendar:
- Monday 10 July – Staff PD Day – no students onsite
- Tuesday 11 July – First day of term three
- Thursday 20 July – Primary Parent Teacher conversations 4:00pm to 8:00pm – students onsite
- Friday 21 July – Primary Parent Teacher conversations 9:00am to 3:30pm – no students onsite
- Wednesday 26 July to Friday 28 July – Year 5 Camp
- Monday 21 August to Friday 25 August – Book Week
- Wednesday 30 August – Father’s Day event – Brookfield Campus
- Friday 1 September – Father’s Day event – Toolern Vale Campus
- Tuesday 12 September to Thursday 14 September – Primary Musical
- Friday 15 September – Staff PD Day – no students onsite
More details will come for the above events, so please keep an eye on your emails.
Have a lovely term break.
Jodie Vamplew , Head of Primary