The Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)
There are two options for students at MCC; VCE Scored, and VCE Non-scored.
A good option for students who would like to go on to further education at university. Students complete a minimum number of units, sit exams and receive a study score which gives them a ranking number (ATAR) for tertiary admission.
A good option for students who are not intending to go on with further education at the university level. Students who complete this pathway can continue into TAFE courses or the workforce.
Because each of our students learns in a different way, and at a different pace, we encourage parents and students to explore all the options available to them.
VCE Subjects Offered at MCC
The following subjects are offered at MCC, subject to student selections and blocking. Other subjects are supported at the school through Virtual Schools Victoria.
|Art Making and Exhibiting||1-4|
|HEALTH AND PHYS ED|
|Health & Human Development||1-4|
|HUMANITIES & LOTE|
|Math Methods (CAS)||1-4|
|App. Comp.: Software Development||3-4|
Students are provided with ongoing support in career direction and planning throughout the senior secondary years. This includes:
- Dedicated Careers classes at Years 9-12
- Participation in the Work Experience program at Year 10
- Participation in a work readiness program at Year 10
- Excursions to careers and study expos, and university open days
- Assistance in tertiary course selection, VTAC preferences and applications for Year 12 students
- Access to Careers Corner, noticeboard and resources including tertiary study course guides, career pamphlets, gap year options, VTAC publications and more