Let’s Finish Well
Welcome back to Term Four.
This is one of our most exciting terms because we look forward to successfully completing the current year by learning as much as we can, but we also have the anticipation of what is to come in 2024. Finishing well will be our focus for the next ten weeks.
We want every child to continue approaching all that they do with excellence, respect and Christ-centredness. We want them to continue contributing to the community that they are a part of and enjoy learning as much as they can before progressing to their 2024 year level.
This week’s doing verse is from Colossians 3:1 – “Therefore, if you have been raised with Christ, keep focusing on the things that are above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.” We will end 2023 successfully if our focus remains on Jesus. Let’s partner in prayer for our children and for each other.
We have many exciting events happening this term. Please make a note of any that are applicable to you:
- Thursday 5 October – Prep excursion
- Weeks 2, 3, 4 and 5 – Primary swimming lessons
- Wednesday 11 October – Year 6 excursion
- Thursday 26 and Friday 27 October – Coach Approach incursion
- Friday 3 November – Year 2 excursion
- Monday 6 November – MCC Holiday
- Tuesday 7 November – Melbourne Cup Public Holiday
- Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 November – Year 4 camp
- Tuesday 21 and Wednesday 22 November – Western Water incursion
- Wednesday 29 November – Year 3 excursion
- Friday 1 December – Primary Orientation sessions
- Friday 8 December – Year 6 Celebration Day
- Friday 8 December – Last student day
More details on the above will be communicated to you via your child’s homeroom teacher or a coordinator. Keep an eye out for any further events that are added to our calendar as this is continually being updated.
I look forward to seeing our children achieve many great things this term.
jodie vamplew, head of primary