Looking to the Future
It is hard to believe this is our second-to-last primary newsletter of 2023.
As the year comes to a close, it’s a time to celebrate what we’ve achieved in 2023 whilst also looking forward to what 2024 holds for us, especially for our children. This includes the possibility of new friends, new teachers, and a new classroom—it’s an exciting time!
Our teachers work very hard to figure out who will be in each class the next year. It’s a tough job because all 26 children are different. They think a lot about where each child will learn the best and prayerfully consider the needs of each child. Some kids might feel a bit worried about all the changes. That’s where we, as adults, come in. We need to stay calm and not let our worries become their worries. Let’s show them that change is okay, even if it’s not quite what they were expecting; and parents, we ask you to trust us and be assured that we will place your child in an environment that will encourage them to grow and flourish.
How we react to the changes that are coming up in 2024 can really affect our children. They learn from watching us grown-ups. So, let’s encourage them to look forward to the new year and be resilient. That means being able to bounce back when those unexpected things happen.
The Bible says, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7) So let’s not be anxious, but rather encourage our children to embrace what 2024 will bring.
Here are some important dates coming up:
- Tuesday 14 November – MPSSA Years 3/4 soccer excursion
- Wednesday 15 to Thursday 16 November – Year 4 camp to Sovereign Hill
- Thursday 16 November – Year 1 excursion
- Friday 17 November – Year 5 excursion
- Tuesday 21 and Wednesday 22 November – Western Water incursions
- Friday 24 and Saturday 25 November – Year 3 sleepover
- Wednesday 29 November – Prep and Year 1 Athletics Carnival
- Wednesday 30 November – Last 2023 open day for MCC uniform shop
- Friday 1 December – Primary Orientation
- Friday 8 December – Year 6 Celebration Day
- Friday 8 December – Last student day – casual clothes
As you can see, there is still a lot to look forward to!
If your child will be going away before the year ends or returns after 2024 starts, please let the office and your child’s teacher know so we can keep you as informed as possible during these absence periods.
Jodie Vamplew, Head of primary