Primaries Settle Back into Learning
It has been wonderful seeing the primary children settle back into learning after the term break. This term we have looked at what the five core values are and the different ways that we can show them and ensure that they become a part of how we do things each day. We want to get better at these before the end of term four.
Here are some examples:
CHRIST-CENTREDNESS – PeaceWise, praying throughout our day, participating in devotions
EXCELLENCE – Do better each time, ask for help, never give up
RESPECT – Listening to each other, accepting each other, speaking well of each other
PASSION FOR TEACHING AND LEARNING – Listen to instructions, do your work well, help others
COMMUNITY – Encourage each other, look out for others, speak up for what is right
We’re all a part of the Melton Christian College community, so please use opportunities within your own home to explore and reinforce these values with each other. Your children want to do better and practice our core values – so let’s encourage them and help them to do that.
Here is a reminder of key dates coming up:
- October 24 to October 28 – Year 2 swimming program
- October 25 – Rubbish Free Lunch Day
- October 31 – MCC Special Holiday
- November 1 – Melbourne Cup Public Holiday
- November 16 to November 17 – Year 4 Camp at Sovereign Hill
- December 2 – Primary Orientation
- December 6 – Primary Celebrations
- December 7 – Year 6 Celebration Day
If you have any queries about any of the above, remember that your child’s homeroom teacher is your first contact point and should be able to answer any questions you have.
Jodie Vamplew, Head of Primary