Primary School News
We are in the midst of a very exciting end to term three. We have achieved so much together and there are still more opportunities this term to continue partnering to ensure our term ends successfully.
It was an absolute joy to have parents join us for our Book Character parade. The costumes were amazing and the excitement in the auditorium could not be missed. Mr Passarini did an amazing job as our MC, parents did an amazing job preparing their child’s costumes and the staff did an amazing job in embedding as much literacy into this week as possible.
In the afternoon we participated in our Books to Life incursion. Tony Bones brought our book, “The Imagineer”, to life. After many years of not having a whole primary school incursion, this was a very special moment for many of our students as it was their very first onsite Book Week incursion. We had a very enthusiastic crowd who were more than happy to participate in whatever way they could.
We have also had our Father’s and Father Figures Celebration. This was another event that we were able to reintroduce. It was lovely to see the children and the special men in their lives having fun together – games, competitions, sporting activities and food! Men, never forget the amazing influence you have over the young children in your lives. You help to shape them into the adults they will become.
The final week of this term is a big one – the Primary Musical. Every child is involved. Every child is enjoying preparing for their performance. It is really important that your child attends for their two performances. They have been practising very hard. It is the team effort and involvement of every single child that helps this to be a success for everyone involved.
Keep an eye out for any communications from your child’s homeroom teacher regarding information for week ten.
This might include the following:
- Tuesday 13 September – Evening performance for Gideon and Joshua – 6:00pm arrival, 6:30pm start
- Wednesday 14 September – Matinee performance for Gideon and Joshua – 2:00pm start
- Wednesday 14 September – Evening performance for Caleb and Daniel – 6:00pm arrival, 6:30pm start
- Thursday 15 September – Matinee performance for Caleb and Daniel – 2:00pm start
- Thursday 15 September – Casual Clothes Day – gold coin donation for CCCM
- Friday 16 September – Staff Professional Development Day – no students at school on this day
If you need anything clarified further, please do not hesitate to contact me or your child’s homeroom teacher.
Jodie Vamplew, Head of Primary