Reminders for Primary Students
Winter has definitely arrived. Whilst we continue to be vigilant regarding COVID-19, we must also be aware that this is the time we need to be mindful of protecting ourselves from colds and flus.
You can help protect your children and our community by doing the following things:
- Dress warmly – wear full winter uniform. Our school jumper is a compulsory item, but you may also wish to purchase our fleecy Oxford jacket. This is optional and must be worn over the top of the school jumper. A navy beanie, scarf and gloves are also acceptable. There is a uniform guide on page 28 of the College Handbook which can be found on our website. To avoid a uniform violation, please adhere to these expectations.
- Stay home if you are showing any flu like symptoms. Complete a RAT. If the RAT is negative, stay home until there are no symptoms. If the RAT is positive, you must remain home for seven days.
- If your child is a close contact (someone in the home has COVID-19), children can attend school if they are well, but must wear a mask for the seven days.
- Mask wearing is encouraged, as is good hand hygiene and physical distancing.
Our staff have worked very hard to ensure learning keeps happening onsite, despite teachers being away due to illness. The children have been adaptable and flexible as there have been some days where we have had to split classes and have children join other rooms. They have continued to complete their work diligently in these rooms, which is a great testament to them living out our five core values. We will continue to do all we can to keep learning happening onsite as we navigate these uncertain times.
Here is a reminder that there will be no students onsite on the following days:
- Friday 10 June – MCC Holiday
- Monday 13 June – Queen’s Birthday Public Holiday
- Tuesday 14 June – Report Writing Day
Please take care of yourselves and stay safe and healthy.
Jodie Vamplew, Head of Primary