World Teacher Appreciation Day
Last Friday, 28 October, was World Teacher Appreciation Day. Appreciation is defined as “recognition and enjoyment of the good qualities of someone or something.”
Some of you and your children took the opportunity to thank your teachers. Some were given gifts, some were given cards, some spoke words of thanks, and some were sent encouraging and thankful emails. Some of you take the time to do this continually throughout the year. It is a bit like Mother’s Day or Father’s Day – we shouldn’t restrict love and thanks for our parents on that one day a year. It is like Christmas Day – we shouldn’t just thank God for the birth of Jesus on that one day each year.
I am so blessed to work with a team who do what they do because they have obeyed God’s calling to deliver Christian Education to our children. They don’t go out searching for compliments or recognition – they know that they are rewarded because they are working for God. They all give 100% to this calling and I pray that you and your children see it in the same way that I do daily. Your children have been their ‘family’ for 2022 and just as the children have been blessed by our team, so have we been blessed by your children. Thank you.
Here is a reminder of key dates coming up:
- Friday November 4 – Year 2 excursion to Werribee Zoo
- Wednesday November 9 – MPSSA Years 3/4 Cricket
- Thursday November 10 – Year 5 excursion to Ballarat
- Wednesday November 16 to Thursday November 17 – Year 4 Camp at Sovereign Hill
- Tuesday November 22 – Prep and Year 1 Sports Day
- Wednesday November 23 – MPSSA Years 3/4 Basketball
- Friday November 25 – Year 3 Sleepover
- Friday December 2 – Primary Orientation sessions
- Tuesday December 6 – Primary Celebration Evening
- Wednesday December 7 – Year 6 Celebration Day
- Wednesday December 7 – Last student day – casual clothes
As you can see, we have a lot happening over the next six weeks. Your child’s teacher will provide you with relevant information via emails, so please ensure we have your most up-to-date email addresses.
We appreciate your support and partnership.
Jodie Vamplew, Head of Primary