World Teachers Day
On Friday 27 October we celebrated World Teacher Appreciation Day. Whilst it is recognised on this day, a sense of appreciation and thankfulness for our teachers shouldn’t be confined to just this one day a year; much like we don’t limit love for our parents to Mother’s or Father’s Day. Appreciation can be defined as a feeling of gratefulness for someone or something. I am grateful for the team I work alongside every day.
Our dedicated team follows their calling to provide quality Christian Education for your child. They don’t seek compliments or recognition; their reward comes from serving God and from serving you and your children. I am thankful for the way they demonstrate our Core Values daily:
CHRIST-CENTREDNESS – Our staff love Jesus. They respond to people and situations as Jesus would – with wisdom, kindness and calmness. Jesus guides all they say and do.
EXCELLENCE – Our staff are continually striving to find better ways to do things. They strive for excellence so that your children can also display excellence in all they do.
COMMUNITY – Our staff spend time getting to know your children, building relationships with your children and they value getting to know you through the course of the year.
RESPECT – Our staff respect our children, they listen to our children and they strive to encourage respect between children.
PASSION FOR TEACHING AND LEARNING – Our staff are always upskilling themselves so that they are teaching in a way that ensures your child is learning.
“A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind and touches a heart.”
Key dates to remember:
- Oct 30 – Nov 3 – Years 3 to 6 swimming lessons at Melton Waves
- Friday Nov 3 – Year 2 Excursion
- Monday Nov 6 – MCC Holiday
- Tuesday Nov 7 – Melbourne Cup Public Holiday
- Thursday Nov 9 – Year 7 2024 Information Night
- Nov 15 – Nov 16 – Year 4 Camp
- Thursday Nov 16 – Year 1 Excursion
- Friday Nov 17 – Year 5 Excursion
- Tuesday Nov 21 – Western Water Incursion
- Wednesday Nov 29 – Prep and Year 1 Athletics Carnival
- Wednesday Nov 29 – Year 3 Excursion
- Friday Dec 1 – Primary Orientation at Brookfield
- Friday Dec 8 – Year 6 Celebration Day
- Friday Dec 8 – Final Student Day
Please help us to ensure you stay informed by checking your emails regularly. Your support and partnership mean a lot to us.
jodie vamplew, head of primary